When you're grounded in good sound philosophies and principles you don't feel like a ping pong ball in a wind tunnel. Imagine, right now, what it felt like to have no control at times in your life....seriously go ahead and imagine a time.
Not a pleasent feeling was it? It's not so much that you didn't have control. It's that you weren't grounded. You can't make all the people happy all the time. It's just not healthy nor is it possible.
However, staying flexable in your views but grounded in your morals is critical.
You want to have a solid foundation of philosophies that you live your life by. If you aren't happy with your current results from your current philosophies you may want to sit down and revisit what those philosophies are and how they aren't serving your desire for a better life(style).
For some people it's easier to identity what's not working in their life and to work from there. So let's start there:
1. "I always seem to get into relationships where I find myself giving more of myself than the other person."
2. "I never have enough money at the end of the month."
3. "Why does it always seem like my friends take advantage of my kindness? It's like they know I'm a pushover."
4. "I can't seem to get anyone to want to sign up in my business. Everyone is broke!"
These are just a few things people may say to themselves about life events and their home business. So if you can identify what you're not happy with you can work backwards from there.
Now list all the things that you desire in your personal life and business.
1. "I'm with the spouse of my dreams that gives me just as much affection as I give them. I really feel loved." (What would that kind of spouse look like? What would be their attitude about life? What kind of spouse would they be with? Now look in the mirror and ask yourself are you that person.)
2. "I have an excess of money at the end of the month and now I'm going to find other opportunites to have my money work for me!" (Are you trading time for money(linear efforts)? Or are you setting up assets that spin off cashflow regardless of if you work or not? Have you set yourself a budget? If not you won't change your situation.)
3. "I respect myself and my time there for my friends respect me and desire my friendship." (Do you have a healthy self esteem? People will only treat you how you allow them to treat you. First you must see how you treat yourself, others around you will follow suit)
4. "People are attracted to work with me. I have the qualities of a leader and I walk the talk. People are attracted to leadership that cares about their success." (Do you have a personal development plan in place? Are you working daily to become a person of quality? Are you working on your communication skills? Are you putting into action every day the philosophies you communicate to others?)
The 2nd set of quotes are just a few ways to evaluate your core values and if you're moving closer to your desires or are you just drifting in space hoping to hit the target?
The 1st set of quotes are just whiners and complainers who have a victim mentality & take no action towards making a change. They just want attention and someone to share in their misery. (Yes I'm harsh like that lol)
Evaluate what is working in your business/life and what's not working. Have you taken the steps to even know what you really want in your business/life)? Many folks have not.
Take somet time and ask yourself, what do I want my life to be about?
Does your home business fit in there somewhere?
It's the vehicle to get you there I bet.